Monday, April 14, 2014

Baby's First "Visit" to Disneyland


Yesterday we went to Disneyland (Rahhzay's happiest place on earth). While I wasn't able to do much, I do very much enjoy that magical ambiance. I spent much of the time with my aunt, cousins and other family while my brother, husband, and a few others went off and rode many of the rides.

Yes, you might be thinking, "but Rahhzay, what did you do. Pregnant women can't ride anything at Disneyland!" Well, of course there's a long list of rides that I couldn't ride: any of the mountains (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Matterhorn), as well as a few that jostle you around (ie. Star Tours), and of course most everything in Disney's California Adventure. I did however go on Haunted Mansion, Pirate's of the Caribbean (although this one is at your own discretion due to the two drops and the occasional boat pile-up -- which is a lot of bumping as you all caterpillar along to the final lift), as well as It's a Small World (which was my 6 month old baby cousin's first ride EVER! So cute to see her face as she looked around at all the singing and dancing dolls). I really just spent the day walking around with family, eating the yummy food, did a little shopping (got a cool new hat and a sweatshirt), and just plain relaxing. I even had a little fun with a "1st Visit" button -- wearing it on my belly for some of the day. Thinking of writing on it with a sharpie, "11 weeks in the womb."

Saturday my weekend seemed like it was going to be one where I didn't leave the couch. I'm hoping that this sickness is just a sign that things get worse right before they get better. I was lucky to wake up yesterday feeling well enough to go to Disney -- granted, who turns down a day at Disney?

All in all it was a great day and I was happy to have the "morning" sickness subside for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment